Saturday 30 May 2015

Chantecaille Summer 2015: Le Chrome Luxe Eye Duo Gardens of Marrakech

For this summer Chantecaille introduces their third Le Chrome Luxe Eye Duo. Gardens of Marrakech (£48) contains Crocus, a dusty lavender with a satin finish and Lantern, a golden brown/bronze with metallic finish.



The duo comes housed in a beautiful metallic grey compact with a shimmery C. I was surprised how big the compact was (roughly 8cm by 8cm) and the dome shaped eyeshadows are a good size as well (4g .14oz).

The texture is lovely; finely milled, with a lightweight, silky smooth feel and application. The colours are highly pigmented, blend effortlessly and can be used lightly for a more subtle shimmer/glow effect or layered/used wet if you prefer a more dramatic metal look. Even without a primer I find these do not crease.

I'm not normally a fan of metallic finishes but Lantern is the best I have ever tried. Where it outperforms over metallic shadows for me is that its more refined as it does not accentuate lid lines nor look gaudy on and you can adjust the intensity to allow you to wear the level of metallic you are comfortable with. Its really a stand out shade and I have to admit that I just gazed at it for a while on swatching.

Swatched below dry then damp,

Swatched below dry with Crocus over Lantern



Shown below with the shadows used dry,


Suffice to say I really rate this duo, the colours are interesting and I find the formula faultless.

Ingredients:


I bought this from http://uk.spacenk.com/women/

18 comments:

  1. Oh beautiful combo! And you are usually very picky so it is great to hear that you find this one flawless. since we don't get Chantecaille here, I don't feel warmed up to the brand yet. I tried ordering a few of their products which all ended being not very good but I might give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me picky, I don't know what you mean ;) I didn't know Chantecaille wasn't available near you, that makes things tricky, though I can see you wearing this duo and would think you would like the texture and colour payoff as well.

      Delete
  2. This palette is gorgeous! I love the look you've created. I haven't tried much at all from the Chantecaile makeup range ( I do love the skincare tho) might have to give it a try xx

    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I've been getting back into their makeup quite a bit lately, this is such a lovely duo I do hope they bring out some more shades in this formula.

      Delete
  3. Hey Clare, thank you so much for the review! My my, that bronze is to-die-for! I'm almost 100% sure I have close shades in my stash, so maybe I'll bust them out and try to combine them for a look first. So glad to hear you've found a new favorite duo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have thought to pair these colours but it does work really well, makes sense to see if you already have close shades in your stash. I love that the bronze does not have a yellow or orange tone to it which I find a lot of bronze colours go on me.

      Delete
  4. The duo looks so lovely! And I'm floored to see how beautiful and interestingly complex the mixed color looks.
    I never wet my eyeshadow, but I don't think I'd be compelled to do so with this duo. They have more than enough depths worn dry. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't tend to use shadows wet either and agree that the pigment on this is so good its not required. I was really pleased with the layered colours, makes it quite a versatile duo :)

      Delete
  5. Am so glad you reviewed this (and rate it) because I really wanted to try it but I have been disappointed with some of the Chantecaille palettes so was reluctant. Think I may splurge now!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad its been of use, its a very different formula to the four pan palettes. I'd not seen any reviews so was glad I took the chance on it ;)

      Delete
  6. It looks lovely on you - I am tempted to get this one! :) Thanks for the helpful review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ;) Its darker than I normally wear but I still really like this, I bet this would look lovely on you :)

      Delete
  7. Hi dear Clare, these 2 eyeshadows are so pretty on you! I've never tried this brand, I've seen on the site where you bought this palette, another one, a quad, with four pastel colours, with the bees on them! Very cute =)
    Kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marghe :) That bee palette was really cute, I was tempted by it, Chantecaille make some really pretty designs.

      Delete
  8. how insanely gorgeous! I had been eyeing this duo for a while, but was waiting for some reviews. This is definitely going on my wishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got board of waiting for reviews so just went ahead and ordered :)
      I do think it has a rightful place to be on your wishlist ;)

      Delete
  9. This duo looks absolutely beautiful. Lust! :) I love what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Its a lovely formula, I do hope they bring out some more shades.
      I bet this would look lovely on you, especially the bronze shade.
      I think a lot of Chantecaille releases get missed as its not a heavily reviewed brand, but I'm glad I took the chance to get this even though I'd not seen any reviews.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin