Sunday 12 October 2014

The New Rouge Dior Baume: Spring & Lili

The recently launched Rouge Dior Baume has 14 shades in the line up, I was surprised by just how pigmented some were for a balm style product.

The new launch also includes three lip pencils, four blushers and four nail polishes.
The idea is that the Rouge Dior Baume combines colour with a protective, nourishing lip treatment.

They do not feel heavy and glide on with no sticky feel. As they don't cling on as such but have more slip the wear time is not long.
They have the hydrating/emollient feel of a balm, leaving lips feeling smooth and soft, and work well for general dryness/roughness.
Though if your lips are in a very bad way (I've had a cold so have that lovely peeling thing going on at the moment) these don't cover up such issues so best to exfoliate first.

I didn't buy the more intense shades, I picked up #468 Spring (£26 each) which is a sheer peachy/coral


and #558 Lili which is a soft red rose, it leaves a slight stain behind once the colour has faded.


Both shades have a glow/shine finish which makes the area look plump.

I think these are a great product for the impending winter months when lips aren't in the best condition and you really need something to hydrate and protect the area.

Ingredients:


I bought these from John Lewis

12 comments:

  1. I have Spring but I think I need to try a more pigmented shade at some point. Spring is a lovely color that barely shows up on my lips! I hope you have recovered from your cold by now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold is a lot better now thanks :)
      Yes, Spring is difinilty one of the most sheer ones, I am tempted to pick up some of the more vibrant/pigmented shades as well.

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing these here. I'll probably go for one of the more pigmented shades, although Lili might work for me... My lips are doing all right now, but I know that the chappening will soon be upon me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to look forward to the chappening... ;) I think Lili could work actually as its very buildable, I'm going to try some of the more deeper shades as well.

      Delete
  3. Oh these are nice! I was afraid they wouldn't be pigmented enough but I think the darker ones might work for a little extra boost since my lips are pretty pigmented too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pigment is very good overall, they have some bolder shades so am sure you'll find at least one you want...well maybe two or three.... :)

      Delete
  4. Hi dear Clare, Lili is the one I prefer the two, I'd like to try one of this one day! I appreciate the fact tthat they're no sticky!! Kisses,
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marghe,
    I think Lili will be one of the most popular shades. I do really like this formula, picked up another one the other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this formula, I also picked up Spring and got Diorette as well

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up Garden Party the other day and really like that, I was thinking about Diorette as well, actually there are not that many colours I didn't like the look of really :)

      Delete
  7. These are pretty Clare. If only I don't have a gazillion lip products to finish up I would get one or two :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would like the brighter colours and feel of these, I hear you about too many lip products though, I really need to stop buying them, I have so many at the moment that a lot of just sitting there unused, yet don't want to get rid as I do like all the shades.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin