Sunday 12 January 2014

Guerlain Crazy Terracotta Healthy Glow Powder

Now I know we are a bit over Holiday collections but I really couldn't just let this Healthy Glow powder (£46.50) go past without a mention.

Its of course very pretty to look at and mixes peach/orange bronze tones and pink. I was worried this would be too dark on my pale skin but though its very buildable, the initial pigment is quite low, which is good for us pale folk.

I was surprised how much the pink came through, for me this is more of a blush than a traditional bronzer.

Swatched below L-R:Rouge Bunny Rouge  Bronzing Glow Powder At Goldcombe Bay, Guerlain Crazy Terracotta and Dior Nude Tan Paradise Duo in Pink Glow.

It has a satin finish and gives a lovely very warm pink/peach touch to the skin, certainly living up to its healthy glow name.
The texture feels lightweight and smooth, blending extremely well with no patchiness on my dry skin and has a good wear time.
The only negative for me is the extremely strong fragrance, there is no need for such a common irritant in a face product.
I think for light to medium skintones this is an excellent powder for adding warmth without venturing into ruddy, orange or muddy territory.

I bought this from John Lewis

8 comments:

  1. Haha now you are just being cruel! This went OOS so fast! I really love mine. It doesn't work as a blush on my skin tone, but I've been using it as a bronzer and I love how un-bronzerly it looks! Just a little bit healthier but nothing over the top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The SA was telling me that the white highlighter compact sold out in two days, I missed the boat on that so made a grab for this instead :)
      I do like that its not easy to over do.

      Delete
  2. Oh Clare, this blush bronzer is beautiful, if it wasn't for the fact that I have enough bronzers to last gazillion lifetimes I would have seriously considered picking it up. Guerlain makes many gorgeous products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do make tempting compacts/powder, I'm looking forward to seeing what the reformulated meteorites are like, reviews seem mixed so far.

      Delete
  3. Hi Clare,
    I was so contemplated to pick this up. It is so beautiful and the mixture of the brown and pink is unique :) I passed this one with high hope that they would still release something like this in the future :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been very popular so I am sure they will be bring something similar out in the future, I do wish they would take the scent out though ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy to own this one & I've been using it every day since purchase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how easy to use it is, though am a bit worried about the high level of fragrance as can tend to bring me out with lots of redness, time will tell I guess :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin