Sunday 5 January 2014

Charlotte Tilbury: The Golden Goddess Luxury Palette

You know how it is, sometimes you just want to be a golden goddess (unfortunately not a look that goes hand in hand with my pale, pasty self).

I have been very impressed with the Charlotte Tilbury range so far, so bought the eyeshadow palette in Golden Goddess (£38). Its as the name suggest a more warmed toned palette.

It contains a shimmery cream/champagne, golden taupe with a satin finish, bronze with satin finish and a copper glitter shade. All shades have superb pigment, apply, blend and last well. The only difference in texture is that the glitter shade feels dryer to the touch (though this is not apparent in application) and the Charlotte Tilbury glitter shades are the best I have tried compared to other brands in terms of lack of fall out and delivery on pigment.

I find these palettes so easy to use, the shades just meld into one another so well that it really cuts down on the application time. I did the eye look below using all the shades and this is without a base after a bit over 4 hours wear.


As an aside I've recently noticed that on their site (http://www.charlottetilbury.com/Eyeshadow_Palette/luxury-palette-the-golden-goddess.html) they have swatches of the eye shadow palettes on three differing skin tones, this is a very helpful addition and I would think an influence from the popularity of this form of colour representation on beauty blogs.
Ingredients:

Though this particular palette would probably be better on someone warmer toned, the quality is extremely high and I really can't find any fault with the formula.

I bought this from http://www.charlottetilbury.com

16 comments:

  1. Hi! This looks like another good CT palette - I do not have this one yet - but I think my next two will be Rock Chick and the Vintage Vamp - ?? what u think - also here is a nod to the beauty bloggers that inspired CT site to swatch their products (and on different skintones no less) and to CT for recognising this tool for representing their products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really handy the swatches on the site isn't it, the only other brand I can think that does this is Illamasqua, though only on one skin tone.
      I have Rock Chick now and really like it, the shades are not necessarily unique, but beautiful nevertheless :)

      Delete
  2. Oh now I'm tempted! I haven't been wearing gold as much as I used to, but it remains a shade that I have a soft spot for! I think it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny, I bet golds look fab on you I think you would really like the CT shadow range :)

      Delete
  3. ahhh so pretty... one of these days I will splurge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare, you do look like a golden Goddess with those lovely shades. I love it. Now you are tempting me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, though you'd probably scream if you saw the rest of me ;) I think there would be a lot you would like in the CT line.

      Delete
  5. holy smack, this palette looks like it was made for you Clare! You indeed look goddess-like, no bull. First Charlotte Tillbury quad that I actually liked and feel like getting, too. Aahhhh cant get over how beautiful it looks on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind of you to say, your such a sweet talker ;) I do think all shades combined are too warm on me though, bet this one would look lovely on you and I think you would be pleased with the quality of the formula.

      Delete
  6. Golden Goddes sounds just what the doctor would order right now :) The colours look very pretty against your blues. So far I've only tried the Rock'n'Kohl pencil and the Chameleon Pencils from the CT line, and so far I really love the Rock'n'Kohl pencil - I have it in the dark brown shade and it's lovely, smooth and very pigmented but not too creamy. One of the quads will definitely be in my bag the next time I order from Selfridges. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I only have one of the normal pencils but want to try one of the Rock'n'Kohl ones soon too :) the quads are really nice, I have three now and am eyeing up more ;)

      Delete
  7. The wear on these seems pretty great!! I love that they have the real life swatches on three diff skin tones...helps so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was impressed with the swatches as well as they can vary so much depending on skintone so was really useful showing it on a range if skins. I do really like this line but think they are not doing themselves many favours by being bit hard to get for other countries.

      Delete
  8. When this comes to the US (please!!) I'll be buying the line for sure. It sounds so enticing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you would like the shadow quads and blushers, they really do need to get themselves more available in other countries or people will lose interest.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin