Sunday 26 January 2014

Chanel Notes de Printemps Spring 2014: Impulsion & Diapason Illusion d'Ombres

This Spring Chanel brought out two new colours of the Illusion d'Ombres. The limited edition Impulsion (£24), is a sheer baby pink with a heavy shimmered, slightly frosty silver edge. As its not warm toned I find it a very easy to wear pink.


I really like this as a wash on the lid to give that clean, brightened look or used on top of a powder shadow to give it a bit of a glimmer.


I hadn't anticipated buying the second shade, Diapason, as it looked too dark and smoky, however after seeing how beautiful it looked on the SA paired with Impulsion I just had to buy it. Its a duochrome shade in some sense, deep purple with a burgundy/brown tone in certain lights, with a really interesting blue low level shimmer/sparkle.
I have used both shades below, I used fingers rather than a brush so its not as neat as I would have liked.

Both shades swatched below

Swatched below with the shades combined

Both have a lightweight, non drying texture which is smooth and spongy to the touch. The best attribute of the Illusion d'Ombres for me is just how blendable they are, they don't go patchy or ball up and work really well layered over powder shadows. To get an all day, non creasing wear I do wear these over a primer.

I bought these from Boots

19 comments:

  1. Clare, the combination of the two shades are really exquisite! I'm glad you picked up Diapason, since the combination of the two & layered together really creates a beautiful look on your lids! How I envy the cool pink you can wear on your eyes! (sad rabbit eyes, me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) They do pair nicely together, I couldn't get mine to look as nice as on the SA so will have to get more practice in.

      Delete
  2. OH. MY. GOD I think you just sold Diapason to me! I have Impulsion and these two layer SOOOOOO dang beautifully together! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, well lets hope you like it if you do end up getting it :)

      Delete
  3. The combination is so pretty on you!!! I passed on Impulsion because I found it a bit too glittery but Diapason, I just love!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Impulsion is very high on the shimmer/glimmer, mind you I have worn it to work a few time and haven't had any weird looks so that's always a good sign if its office friendly ;)

      Delete
  4. So glad you got Diapason! I nearly bought Impulsion because of how lovely it looked patted on over Diapason ;) But I decided to be good and use my Shu pink glitter instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see you have this restraint thing that just eludes me ;) I am very glad I got Diapason in the end, think I need to play with it a bit more paired with some different colours to see what else it will work with as I imagine it will be quite versatile.

      Delete
  5. Oh I like both! And I like them together! I think Chanel really did a great job this year with their spring collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the collection as well, have bought a few other bits, I'm tempted to go for one of the cream blushers though they did seem very bright.

      Delete
  6. Well I think that pale pink has to come live with me now, after ditching a Sea of Taupe that wasn't doing me any favours I've been hunting for easy-to-wear pinks & peaches; preferably in cream-form and TA-DA, here it is! Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well I am glad you have found the new pink for you and am sure you will give it a loving home ;)

      Delete
  7. Clare, I bought these two too :) they are so pretty paired together. I love the look you did, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they do work well together :) I was thinking I have quite a few of the Illusion d'Ombres now and regret not getting the goldy one from the holiday collection so will have to see if that is still lurking around somewhere.

      Delete
    2. The gold ones are gorgeous. Between Convoitise and Apparence, I like Convoitise better.

      Delete
  8. I love a pink and brown combination. I need to wear something like that soon. I used to do it all the time. Such pretty shadows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcia,
      They do go so well together, they look really nice with the quad from the collection as well :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Clare,
    I am really in love of my diapason. The color is truly gorgeous when swatched and I couldn't wait to wear it soon. I still kept on thinking about impulsion.. but.. but.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, will see if you give in to the temptation impulsion, I am really glad I got it, I'm really liking this collection as a whole, might pick up some more bits :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin