Sunday 26 May 2013

Dior Summer 2013 Bird of Paradise: Jelly Lip Pens & Dior Addict

The Dior summer lip offerings are mostly focused on fresh, juicy pinks and corals that we associate with the summer season.

Of the four Addict lipsticks, I decided against the pinks and opted for On the Beach (£24). It looks quite vivid in the tube but goes on as a sheer coral pink with a glossy finish.

I like the balm like moisturising formula of the Addict line, though they do not last long.
Ingredients:

The collection also features Jelly Lip Pens (£19). The pigment is higher than I was expecting, and they go on smooth and feel very hydrating.

Ilhabela is a cool pink with micro glitter and Carioca is a shimmery apricot. Both shades give that shiny look you'd get from a gloss. They are really quick and easy to apply and they have a twist up system so no need to sharpen. I am really liking these and am very tempted to pick up the other two shades from the collection.
Ingredients:
 
Swatches L-R: Carioca, On the Beach, Ilhabela
 
I find these are all comfortable in feel and flattering, easy to wear shades. My Dior purchases are often hit and miss but these are most definitely a hit.

I bought these from John Lewis

6 comments:

  1. I must admit I'm tempted to go back for more too! Love the Lip Pens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad its not just me then who will be paying another visit, I think their cream blush pots are coming out the week after next so could be an expensive visit ;)

      Delete
  2. I've ordered On The Beach and I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival!

    It looks lovely in your swatches, I just hope it will look as nice on my skintone.

    Nazia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nazia,
      It is quite sheer but should give you a nice wash of colour, will look forward to how you find it :)

      Delete
  3. The swatches look like they'd be very moisturizing!! Very happy to hear they are worthy of purchasing in other colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very worthy and are now part of my handbag essentials :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin