Wednesday 17 April 2013

Dior Sparkling Shine: Spring Ball Nail Vernis & Gel Top Coat

The Sparkling Shine collection brings us four nail polishes and a Gel Top Coat, the collection display also had the four corresponding Addict Gloss shades (which are the newly reformulated ones).

The polishes all have a crisp brightness about them and the shimmered finish manages to remain sophisticated rather than looking over done.

Spring ball (£18) is a shimmery peach/coral. It has very good pigment and has no gritty feel. The texture is quite thick and unfortunately I found this did not spread over the nail as well as the last Dior polish I bought.


Ingredients:

I do not have good wear time with Dior (a day at best) so I decided to pick up the Gel Top coat (£18). It provides a glossy shine and is not thick/gloopy nor difficult to spread like a lot of top coats. This has become a favourite, as it allows me three days wear, so I am extremely impressed.
Ingredients:

So a slightly mixed bag, I did also pick up some of the new Addict glosses which I'll show  you soon.

I bought these from Boots

9 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so excited you like the gel top coat!!! I've noticed it gives extra wear time to the polishes I've tried it with too, so I'm very happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well thank you for the rec in the first place ;) I am really pleased with it x

      Delete
  2. Spring Ball is very pretty - that's one of the ones I went for. I haven't looked at the gel top coat yet, but it sounds good - do you know if it's as glossy as Seche Vite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think its as glossy, but it makes colours look better and gives a smoother look.

      Delete
  3. I have a strange story with Spring Ball. I first purchased it and tried, was sheer after 2 coats and even after three coats it was not fully coverage. It was also very soft the day after and I ruined my nail polish with something sharp. Then I have read in a blog perfect coverage, very pigmented... I was running to my counter to change it because mine was obviously different. I still haven't tried it for the second time, but let's see... Do you get a full coverage with two coats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is strange, I do get full coverage with two coats, will be interesting to see if your second one does perform better.

      Delete
  4. Aww sorry to hear that this doesn't work well for you. I have a love hate relationship with Dior too, sometimes Dior polishes are way too sticky that it makes the application process feels horrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do that well with Dior polishes, though really like the formula of the Windsor one I got recently :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin