Sunday 19 February 2012

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Flirt

The Chanel spring collection brings us two new shades of Rouge Coco Shine, Candeur and Flirt. Though I was tempted by the very sheer pink, Candeur, I felt it might be too similar to Royallieu, so decided to give it a miss (for now).

Though Flirt (£23) looks quite bright, the Coco Shines always apply more sheer than they look in the tube.
On me, Flirt is a pink coral. Its a very pretty shade for spring which brightens the face without being overbearing.
I initially thought that it might be similar to Misia #45, however as you can see in the swatch below, Flirt is a lot more pink in tone.
L-R: Laura Mercier Sheer lipstick in Kissed Lips, Chanel Flirt, Chanel Misia
Coco shines have a a high shine/gloss finish. The texture is smooth, with a lightweight feel. They are reasonably hydrating but have poor lasting power (my one negative for them, though you'll note I can't seem to stop buying them).

Ingredients below.

I bought this from John Lewis

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is a nice Spring type colour, I seem to be getting a bit more into coral lipstick of late :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I can see that a lot of people will like this shade, its very wearable :)

      Delete
  3. I bought this but I think it's going back, as much as I love the Rouge Coco Shines they don't last on my lips and at work I don't have time to reapply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, their lasting powder is a let down, but I just love the colours :)

      Delete
  4. I flirted with this (see what I did there?) but decided to think about it for a bit. What I did get though was the new stylo automatique eyeliner in Grenat which is possibly the most flattering plummy shade for my brown eyes...ever! I wonder how it would look on your ever so pretty blue eyes. Did you try it by any chance? Oh, and I asked about that other collection you were wondering about, but the SA at the Fenwick counter did not think it would be coming our way. Pity, as I rather liked the look of those Glossimers.
    Have a great week hun :)
    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Nina, I'm impresed with what you did there ;)
      I didn't look at Grenat really but I have heard a lot of raves about it, I will go back and have a better look at it, I'd probably best wait till pay day though as I can't seem to manage the "buy just one thing" concept.
      Thank you for asking about the collection, well money saved I guess (probably a good thing as I am hoping to buy some Suqqu Spring if it manages to make an appearence online before selling out) x

      Delete
  5. Hey!! This color looks gorgeous, I traveled back to India over the winter break and picked up two Euro/Asia exclusive RC shines in Antigone (Euro) and Premice (Asia exclusive, I think..) they are both gorgeous especially Premice.. love the stain they leave behind even if the shine fades, I'm glad to have an excuse to reapply actually-- it makes me feel like I'm using my makeup more!!! Hahha see how that logic worked out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your thinking Lakshmi, I've hit pan on quite a few things recently so I must be heavy handed with my makeup, guess trying to make space for an excuse to buy the new :)
      I've got a feeling with have Antigone here, I'll have to have a look at that x

      Delete
  6. Flirt looks lovely! I like that it's a lot more subdued on the lips!
    Sigh...my spring Chanel wishlist is starting to get out of hand... with Flirt and Frisson and the Horizon Blush... To think that nth caught my attention at first! :/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought more from the spring collection than I was thinking I would, the only thing that stopped me getting the blush was the ingredients, otherwise I'd have been all over it ;) x

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin