Wednesday 29 February 2012

By Terry Terrybly Mascara

The By Terry Terrybly mascara is describes as a "new generation of growth booster mascara which visibly transforms the lashes day after day". The lash serum is enriched with Lumicoat® Care Technology (exclusive to By Terry). This technology is meant to help lashes grow faster, and Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid are meant to make the lashes stronger and more silky. The finish is meant to give a curved, volumised lash look.
For such high claims, you'll not be surprised that its accompanied by a high price tag of £31.
The colour I have is Moka Brown. Its a very dark cool brown, its a very deep colour and the pigment is really rich.
My results with this are rather good. It defines the lashes without clumping, lashes do not feel overly crunchy/brittle and it lengthens and lifts whilst giving a bit of thickness.
Perhaps most impressive is that I do think my lashes seem a bit longer. Its not a dramatic growth but its tangible enough for me to notice.
Overall, I really like the performance of this mascara and I do think there is something to be said about its growth booster technology.
Ingredients:
If I ignore the growth booster aspect of this mascara and judge it as a normal mascara, whilst it doesn't quite knock Hourglass Film Noir off the number one spot for me, its definitely a close second.

My mother bought me this from SpaceNK

10 comments:

  1. This does look rather good, I think your lashes look great in the pic as well.
    When I asked the SA in Space NK what their best mascaras were this was one of them.

    I am in mascara blah-dom at the moment but until I use up some of my existing ones I'm being good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meeta. Well mascara blah-dom doesn't sound good, the term made me smile though ;) I think its a good idea to use up what you have x

      Delete
  2. Wow, I have so many posts to catch up on! How do you find this mascara with regard to smudging? Any mascaras that give me good volume end up a smudgy mess under my eyes 20 minutes later, even when not used on the lower lashes. YSL Faux Cils gives the perfect lashes, but with smudges. I've resorted to OK drug store mascaras just because they don't smudge. Would you recommend the Hourglass one? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lipstick Luvvie,
      I don't get it smudging on me, I probably should have mentioned that in the review. I found YSL easily went too clumpy on me and was too dry looking if you know what I mean.
      I do really like the Hourglass one, its not as volumising as the By Terry but it gives more lift and the lashes are more individually defined x

      Delete
  3. nice review of mascara!!!! coole post!! please come n visit mine and thankyou http://deasparklingtea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dea, I'll be sure to check your blog out :)

      Delete
  4. It looks nice, I rather like the idea of a dark brown colour too. I winced a bit at the price and I don't think I could bring myself to do it! I know that the growth boosting properties are a factor though. Thanks for the review :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,
      I think its something you should have on a list somewhere should SpaceNK do another of those 20% off events (I'm ever hopeful).
      xx

      Delete
  5. I also like the idea of a cool dark brown mascara for day. The only one I know of is by Lancome. I agree your lashes look great!

    Terrybly, though? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zuzu. It does make a nice change from black. Yes, I try to gloss over the name, I'm not sure why they thought it a good idea ;) x

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin