Wednesday 5 October 2011

Suqqu Fall 2011:Blend Colour Eyeshadow 07 Komorebi

Part of the fall collection but not limited edition, 07 Komorebi (£45), is one of three eye palettes launched. The Suqqu shadow formula is quite different to a lot of other brands. The colours have a soft, extremely light weight feel.
The quad contains a sheer shimmery peach (I'm sure this pulls a lot more warm on me due to my strong cool tones), a sheer shimmery green (somewhat lime) a matte white and a matte espresso brown with a subtle golden hint.
These are not pigment heavy colours, that's not really the Suqqu way. The shimmery shades just glisten and the mattes managed to not look flat or chalky. With a base they last all day.
Swatched below, because my arm is so pale and the shimmery formula very soft the peach and green come out more intense that how they are on lid application.
I couldn't get a realistic picture of this applied, but if you do want me to try again just let me know.
Ingredients:
Suqqu really is about elegance and sophistication and its a brand that I feel confident ordering items from even if I haven't seen any reviews or real photos, such is the wearability of their range.

I bought this from selfridges.com

6 comments:

  1. Please do some looks with this! Really gorgeous palette!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that green, it reminds me of spring :) I would love to see the colours used in a look!
    Grace xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these pictures and swatches. It's pretty but I can see these colours aren't very me. It's most likely my experience with NARS Delphes that's putting me off the colours. I know the quality of the SUQQU shadows would be entirely different. I have a strong urge to get my lilac quad out now!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are always stunning! I picked up this quad too (along with the other two, ahem) and am finding it extremely versatile for autumn. Can't wait to see what looks you'll pull out of it

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, that green is so beautiful. Please take some pictures, can't wait to see this palette on you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vintage Makeup,
    I'll try and get some photos sorted :)

    Hi Grace,
    I see what you mean as they are not your typical fall colours :)

    Hi Jane,
    I know what you mean, the colours aren't my normal thing but I am surprised how much I like them, I do find it difficult to experiment with different colours as I like my taupe safety zone too much x

    Hi The Driveller,
    Thank you so much :) I really wanted the limited edition eye quad so I'll try not to be jealous of you ;)

    Hi Ana Marta,
    I think the green will be what pulls people in. I'll try to get some eye look pictures done, just need a little bit of sunshine! xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin