Wednesday 19 October 2011

Sue Devitt: Eye focus

Finally I got round to buying some Sue Devitt. I played safe and went for two natural looking eyeshadows.
Nordland is a smoky deep taupe purple, it has a satin finish base and tiny micro glitter.
Lonely Splendor is a slightly warm taupe, it has a satin finish (shadows are £14.50 each).
Ingredients:
The eyeshadows feel smooth although I wouldn't say they have that creamy, soft texture like brands such as Rouge Bunny Rouge. They have a good level of pigmentation and application colour is reflective of how they look in the pan. They blend nicely and I noticed they had little fall out compare to a lot of other brands. Worn with a base these last all day. These colours aren't necessarily going to set your world on fire but they are great basics that you'll no doubt find yourself reaching for often.
The next two products are part of a GWP ( currently still available from lookfantastic its worth £32.50 but is free when you buy any 2 products from Sue Devitt).

Eye Intensifer Pencil in Laos (£18) is a deep bronze/brown with a slightly shimmered/metallic finish.
It has very good pigmentation, applies smoothly and is not dry nor overlay creamy. As the tip is quite large I use this as a shadow rather than a liner.
Ingredients:
Eye Rollerball Eyeshadow in Bambari (£14.50) is a very shimmery/glittery warm gold/beige.
Its a loose powder contained in a tube with a roller ball applicator. It glides on with no tugging and the colour is buidable. Its extremely easy and quick to use and I didn't experience any fall out. It does require a primer to get it to last the day.
Ingredients:
Swatches of all products:
I'm really pleased with all the items and I will be looking into getting more from the brand.

I bought the shadows from lookfantastic.com

5 comments:

  1. Loose powder eyeshadow with a rollerball applicator - what a brilliant idea! It would be nice to be able to buy an empty applicator for the loose powders I already own. Thanks for reviewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I'm particular taken with the look of Nordland (don't fall over with surprise!). I like the eye intensifier pencils, the texture is good and Laos looks like a great staple colour. That's a fab GWP offer.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ava,
    Thats a good idea about the empty applicator, I wonder if there is somewhere that sells them, I don't tend to do well with loose shadows in normal pots, goes all over the place :)

    Hi Jane,
    Nordland you say, you know as I was posting about the eyeshadows you came to mind :) The GWP is really good, I'll keep more of an eye on lookfantastic in future xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be looking for one of those empty rollerball applicators, and will let you know if I find any.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin