Sunday 21 August 2011

Dior Blue Tie Fall 2011:Serum de Rouge Crystal & Rouge Dior Lip Colour

Although the Blue Tie palettes in Smoking Blue, Smoking White and trios in Smoky Black and Smoky Navy looked quite stunning in the compacts, on swatching there was at least one shade in each that had poor pigment and really did not feel smooth at all. As such my attention turned to the great array of natural, easy to wear lip offerings.
There were four shades of the new Rouge Serum Crystal (£25 each) on the display. I would say the formula feels the same as the normal Serum De Rouge lipsticks; lightweight, really smooth and moisturising, giving a sheer luminous finish. The only noticeable difference is that the Crystal shades seem more sheer.
215 Primrose Crystal is sheer warm beige with a touch of pink. 455 Tea Rose Crystal is sheer delicate pink.
Of the four new Rouge Dior lipsticks I immediately went for 428 Pisanelle Pink (£22.50) which is a soft beige pink with a gentle glimmer. I think the Rouge Dior formula has really good colour payoff and lasts very well, I don't find these the most moisturising though.
Swatches L-R:Pisanelle Pink,Tea Rose Crystal,Primrose Crystal
Swatches taken in sunlight L-R:Pisanelle Pink,Primrose Crystal, Tea Rose Crystal
Ingredients of Rouge Serum Crystal
Ingredients of Rouge Dior
I bought all of these from Boots.

4 comments:

  1. Your lipstick swatches always make me want to rush out and try, they look super smooth and infinately wearable. Thanks for this. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely swatches~ Primrose Crystal is so pretty~!!D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard Dior has recently reformulated their e/s..?? I was quite disappointed with quality of these e/s palettes as well.. Now I have to pay a second visit to the Dior counter to check out these lovely lippies. Thanks for the beautiful swatches, love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan,
    Thank you, we must share the same great taste ;) These are lovely, well worth a look x

    Hi PopBlush,
    It is lovely, I am thinking about going back and getting the other two ;)

    Hi Rei,
    I'd heard that too, there seems to be such a variant with their shades though, the singles seem quite different from the quints as well.
    Well I am glad to entice, I think they are worth a second look :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin