Friday 7 May 2010

Snowberry Nourishing Exfoliator

I’ve always liked the idea of exfoliators but on my dry, sensitive, acne prone skin they usually break me out, irritate me, or dry my skin out.
This is my third Snowberry product and its better priced compared to the other two, £37 for 75ml (you can get the travel sized version at £21.50 for 15ml).
It claims to give you the following benefits:
· Immediately but gently removes dead skin cells – assisting in stimulating new cellular growth
· Immediately provides the skin with a smooth, clean and refreshed feeling
· Helps to re-hydrate the epidermis.
· Helps to maintain healthy skin ecology
· Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
· Increases moisturisation and hydration

I’ve used this no more than 2 times a week for over a month now. It’s a beige colour and has a cream consistency. Its not packed full of beads (it uses a combination of exotic oils, herbal extracts, Jojoba, precious gems, cultured coral and pearl, to remove dead skin rather than polyethylene beads) but as a result it doesn’t feel harsh.
Here are the ingredients:
It feels really moisturising without being overly oily. I remove it with wet cotton pads then rinse my face with water. My skin is not left feeling dry or coated in a film. It exfoliates well; my skin feels smooth without any redness or irritation.
For now I’ll say I’m undecided as to whether I’d buy this again. Whilst I have nothing bad to say, I’m not sure of any long-term benefits of this particular scrub in terms of increased hydration, less wrinkles, for me its main benefit is that it does not upset my skin. Ultimately I do wonder if I really need a scrub in my routine, whether it be this one or another brand.

I bought this from Harvey Nichols. Just to give you an update I have used up the Instant deep cleanser and have re bought it.
For more information on Snowberry please see here http://www.snowberrybeauty.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin