Wednesday 17 February 2010

Julie Hewett Lipsticks

This is the first time I have bought Julie Hewett, I only became aware of the brand after seeing some posts on londonmakeupgirl.com, after seeing a post on the same blog announcing a 10% off code for Mise Beauty who stock the brand my decision was made (http://www.londonmakeupgirl.com/2010/02/10-discount-online-at-mise-beauty.html) .
I’d never ordered from Mise Beauty before but am pleased to say that it arrived super quick (delivery is free if you order over £60) really well packaged and they put in lots of samples. I was so pleased and will definitely use them again. They do ship internationally as well and offer an interesting mix of brands (such as Ellis Faas, Kevyn Aucoin, Mor,Rodial, Ren, Pai ). I’m also pleased to note that on the brands I looked at they list the full ingredients.

The first lipstick I got was the Icons of beauty lipstick in Annette (£18). Applied this is a deep rosy red (the colour applies a lot more intense than how it looks in the tube) I don’t wear red’s well (this was describe on the JH website as a classic matte mauve with a hint of brown) but I am surprised how much I like this, although against my pale skin it’s a statement colour for me. If you have more pigmented lips then I think this will apply more like the colour in the tube (neutral browny rose). The formula is pigment intense and long lasting. Although not particularly moisturising its not drying either, I was surprised that the colour did not bleed given the intensity. JH has a great selection of reds so I’d think you’d be able to find one that works for you.
I put on one coat lightly just to show you the depth of the colour (ignore dry lips, my lip balm has gone AWOL)
The Bijou Lipstick collection is the JH sheer lipstick range; I got shade Kiki (£16), a natural, neutral toned YLBB pink. The formula is light and quite moisturising, pigment is sheer but easily buildable.
Annette is pictured on top, Kiki below:


I also got some JH eye shadows that I’ll review separately after I have tired them more. There are quite a few more things I want so I’ll no doubt do another order soon.
http://www.misebeauty.com/

4 comments:

  1. I like Annette, I don't have that one. The Bijous feel lovely on the lips - nice now that the weather has turned freezing again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace,

    I think Annette would suit you. Your right about the weather, thought my hands would fall off on the walk home from work! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool!I want their red lipstick=))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beauty-Unearthly,
    It is a great red :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin